Outdoor Touch Screen Kiosks
With digital technology taking over our lives, you are no longer confined to just four walls when it comes to reaching potential customers. Touchscreen technology is constantly improving, enabling endless creativity and innovation when it comes to advertising your business and making the lives of your customers easier and more convenient. A touch screen interactive kiosk isn’t just built for the indoors. From displaying latest specials to wayfinding through the building, here’s everything you need to know when it comes to an outdoor touch screen display and just how it can work for your business.
Thanks to these improvements in technology, you can now spread your business message far and wide with the touch of a button. You no longer have to get the customers coming to you. Instead, you can go to them with an outdoor touch screen kiosk. Reach them where they are, in the moment, and help your business get noticed and get ahead. Here’s some common places an outdoor digital kiosk touchscreen is commonly used:
- Restaurants: pop the menu on a board outside, so you can capture the eyes of potential customers walking past. You can change the message as you like, tempting them with the latest specials and discounts.
- Museums: wayfinding outdoor kiosks are one of the best solutions for museums. You can help people navigate their visit before they even set foot inside your building, connecting them with a smartphone app so they can find their way around. Say goodbye to printing, and hello to an eco-friendly wayfinding solution.
- Train stations (and other transport): touch screen solutions enable real-time trip updates, while along travellers to plan their trip and the best route to take.
- Retail stores: An outdoor large touch screen kiosk can be set up in the middle of a shopping centre, directing people to your store. It’s the perfect way to advertise specials and help customers come and find you.
- Shopping centres: An interactive signage display is the perfect way to help customers navigate their way around a shopping centre complex and find the store they are looking for.
Outdoor Touch Screen Kiosk Mounting Solutions
The first step is in setting up your digital touch screen. You have two choices when it comes to design:
Free Standing Touch Screen Kiosk
A free-standing touch screen kiosk offers a lot of freedom when it comes to choosing where to spread your marketing message. You can find your ideal customer, when they need you most. For example, outdoor touch screens are commonly used in the tourism industry to help tourists navigate their way around places.
A kiosk LCD touch screen can be placed at a popular tourist destination and be used to help navigate tourists to other destinations in the area.
Wall Mounted Touch Screen Kiosk
Wall-mounted kiosks serve the same purpose as the free-standing alternative, but they take up a lot less room. As you might expect, they also need a wall to back onto. They are designed to withstand all weather conditions, while still offering vital information to customers when they need it.
Interactive Digital Signage Kiosk
The key benefit of the outdoor kiosk is that they are interactive and can be used to communicate with your customers.
Here are two key factors you need to take into consideration when selecting your outdoor kiosk:
Touch Screen Interactive Kiosk Features
When it comes to an outdoor screen you need to carefully select the right features to make sure your kiosk can serve its intended purpose. Here are some of the features you should be on the lookout for:
- Brightness: it’s important to make sure the outdoor kiosk can compete with the light from the sun during the day, while also being visible at night. Look at monitor brightness and direct sunlight rating.
- Resolution: the higher the resolution, the better the picture quality. This is especially important outdoors, when it can be much harder to see.
- Build: your kiosk needs to be able to withstand the outdoor environment. Look for a sturdy steel body that will last for years.
- Warranty: it’s always important to protect yourself and your business. A warranty ensures you’re covered if any problems arise.
Touch Screen Kiosk Interface Design
The next thing you need to consider is your interface design. Your outdoor touch screen kiosk needs to be easy for customers to navigate their way through. Here are some tips to help you out:
- Keep it simple: you want it to be easy to navigate. Cater to the masses and keep the layout as simple as possible.
- Keep it plain: while it might sound fun to design your own layout, too many colours and design features will make it more confusing for your customers. Plain and simple wins.
- User friendly: is it easy to recognise buttons? Is the text easy to read? Is the information short and to the point?
Outdoor Touch Screen Case Study: Yarra Ranges Tourism
- Diamond Creek
- Diamond Creek Regional Playspace
- Eltham Town Square
- Healesville Matilda Bay Brewery
- Healesville Sanctuary
- Healesville The Memo
- Lillydale Lake
- Warburton Main Street
- Yarra Glen Main Street
- Yarra Valley Chocolaterie
- Grants On Sherbrooke
- Puffing Billy Emerald Lake Park
- Sky High Mt Dandenong
Yarra Ranges wanted to change the landscape and combat visitor centre decline, and knew they needed to communicate more effectively with visitors and provide relevant and updated information. With the help of Enplug, they installed touch screen kiosks at key locations that can be used to find additional information and assist with communication.